Monday, December 15, 2014

#WonderfulIndonesia: Jakarta, Day 3 (II): Aqiqah Ceremony for Natalie

What is Aqiqah?
Aqiqah, in Islamic terminology, is defined as sacrifice of an animal on the occasion of a child's birth.

The performance of Aqiqah is highly encouraged. It is to be performed by the parents or the guardians of the child. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and his companions used to perform Aqiqah when they were bestowed with a newborn.


What is the Purpose of Aqiqah?
There are many benefits in the performance of Aqiqah. One is the announcing the birth of the baby. Being bestowed a child is a great blessing from the Creator. Another purpose is inviting family members, neighbours, and friends to celebrate the blessed occasion. The poor should be included in the celebration by offering them food and meat served on this occasion.

Information from Hidaya Foundation.


The event was held at Bu Anna's house.
Thank you so much for the hospitality.
 


The Princessa, Natalie




Picture taken with the kids.
Family picture after the event

Despite that I'm unwell, I'm glad I able to attend this important event. The ceremony started with takzirah. The story told was touching and without realising tears rolled down my cheeks profusely. I have attended such events in Singapore and never felt like today. I'm blessed and thank you Allah Almighty for allowing me to join this trip and experience this meaningful event.

I also would like to thank my families in Jakarta for their hospitality and sorry to trouble all of you. Just because I'm unwell (diarrhoea and vomiting), one by one kept going to the pharmacy to get right medication for me.

No comments: