Sunday, August 09, 2020

#Random: #NDP2020 #TogetherAStrongerSingapore (Pt 1)

This year’s NDP theme is a rallying call to Singaporeans to play our part to push forward and determine Singapore’s future, in spite of the difficulties and crises. “Together” refers to Singaporeans uniting as one people, brought closer in bonds of compassion and kindness, while “A Stronger Singapore” signifies our determination to emerge from the crisis stronger as a nation, with our best days ahead of us.


Everything I Am | Nathan Hartono 

I want you to understand

Because of you, I am who I am

Because of who you are

I can be Everything I am

Show me how

I should be strong

Teach me that I can be weak

Because of who you are

I can find anything I seek


And In each other, there will be

The colours of your tapestry

Colours you’ve never seen

Here’s to my home, to my homeland

To every shining crystal in the sand

Because of who you are

I can be everything I am

Here’s to you, to my homeland

I hold this precious jewel in my hand

Because of who you are

I can be everything I am

Teacher teach me to be kind

Quick to embrace

And slow to close my mind

If we reach that star

We’ll have the universe in time

And In each other, there will be

The fabric of our destiny

It’s more than you and me


Here’s to my home, to my homeland

A sea of shining crystals in the sand

Because of who you are

I can be everything I am

Here’s to you, Singapore (homeland)

Here’s to my people I could want nothing more

Here’s to you, Singapore (homeland)

We hold this precious jewel in our hands


Because of who you are

Because of who you are

I can be everything I am

 Source from NDP2020

No comments: